SEVENTEEN years on the internet! 5/24/02 to 5/24/19! Everything is old at this point, it's friggin' 2020. The more recent site lives at SSQ: REVOLUTION but both of these sites are so old they've become pretty similar as far as breaking due to oldness goes. Look around, it's still here at least.
Kirby Sprite located by Aribar; Quester Logo by (the now long gone) Scott "Aegis" Gibson.
Get hexChat, or mIRC (if you want to pay for it), and enter the irc.sorcery.net server and set it to join the #supersmashrpg room.
Please choose your nostalgic destination below.
- Introduction: New to roleplaying? Learn about us here.
- SSQ 101 V5: Read up on our
- Characters: Look at other people's sheets
, and make one for yourself.
- Old Characters: Look at other people's sheets from a season or two ago from when this site was archived.
- FAQ: Find answers to your various questions.
- Story: See what's been going on.
- Archives: Relive the old days. Wait, you're already doing that by being here. Oh no! DOUBLE NOSTALGIA!
- Cleaned up some more of the mess. Most of anything worth viewing now works. Not all of it is immediately findable, although I think I got anything y'all would want to see functioning now. Onwards, into the future -- FUTURUS INFINITUS!
- Here in the year 2020, it's me, fixing random bugs in the dynamic coding so I won't have this site gray-out every fifteen seconds. But y'know, editing code from 12 years ago can be kinda nostalgic, so I might do a few more edits to expose some old stuff that's nifty to see, but not properly shown on the index or the navbars. Cheerio.
- It's been 14 years now, and I had to change a bunch of stuff so I wouldn't have to keep bugging my webmaster to enable ancient functionality solely to include a buncha files. At least now the thing won't break every five months.
- Hi there, it's been 13 years and you likely aren't looking at this page except for A. nostalgia or B. lost bewilderment and Google Search confusion. But in case you do need information, well, updated the top of this page. Viva la SSQ! (Yes it's still me, in case you're wondering, and yes, things are still going... just go to the new site.
Oh, and that old thing below about the plot and entirely new SSQ is sorta... yeah... outdated. Raging math homework? I graduated from college a while ago now. And the old plot is still around in the current SSQ. So.... yeah. New site! Go to the new site! ...Or browse through here, but keep in mind it's outdated.
- Just an update to the Timeline Graph and a note to prevent would-be lost people from thinking this site is up-to-date.
- Well, the story has ended. We are now working on a new setup. I'm still inactive as of the moment, but... yeah. Every Saturday or so I'll be working on the new setup in general. Also, our 6th anniversary is coming up.
- Still working on a new site, but my purpose is changed;
The story has continued on to an extent that nothing can be new anymore, at least within its tight confines.
To alleviate this I have begun work on an entirely new SSQ. Of course, this means changes.
Which is why this site's been a tad inactive, besides my raging math homework.
We will be a bit inactive for a bit as a new system is made and I design a new site setup, archiving this one in the process. It was fun, but ultimately the lack of planning, structure, or automation makes maintaining the current site more time-eating than I have time for.
Hence, give or take a month or two, I'll have a new one which I can maintain easier, will have more information, and most importantly, will be more interactive with you, the user.
Just gimme a bit and then you can see what I can really do...
- Yeah, I was kinda inactive there, but I needed a breather, seeing as I've been doing SSQ nonstop. That and I got two colds one after another. Anywaaaay...
I am building a more powerful SSQ site as I speak. Firstly I am building an automated machine which will allow me to basically write in logs really fast. Thanks to it I'll also probably have to redo what I have, but! Here is how it will go.
Some people may want the original IRC code junk, so the .log files will be available, first and foremost.
Then I'll use an IRC script to parse that, and probably do some more quick edits, and call that one the 'Director's Cut' version, as I personally prefer an HTML version with a certain set of edits...
Finally, for you picky people or people with short attention spans, the Wolfman version, AKA quick little summary, will then also be put up.
Especially since we might not have as much activity as we once had, archiving the old times has once again gained priority. I shall be sure not to fail it.
- Exactly a month has passed, but you shall not be empty handed; SSQ101V5 has been updated, and I put in the latest chapter names to the Story. Coming up eventually: Vast char2.php improvements, so many I may call it char3.php instead. Luckily for you, it'll be on the interface end; your data is safe.
- May have taken me about a month to update, but what an update it is. Complete SSQ101V5 overhaul, and a char2.php overhaul to boot. Check 'em out!
- Still making up for the hiatus, I have created SSQ101 V5, henceforth obsoleting V4 to the archives. We now have a fairly complete database of stuff, but it's still being improved as I speak. Look out for new, amazing updates.
- Over a month has passed, but it's well worth it, as in such time, I have coded the new Characters Page. Still buggy and such, but I invite all the current Questers to make their sheets in it. Forthcoming is the ability to add multiple things from the scrollboxes at once, and some increased intelligence with how it displays stats. The old Characters page remains up for posterity, but as of now it is discontinued.
- Updating madness has officially begun. Today's subject: The new system. I'll be uploading pages for that and such as the day progresses.
- This is Metal speaking. Naturally, the site's a little behind, but I'll begin catching it up as time goes on. Season 11 has finished for SSQ, and it means an end to the same storyline we've been continuing forever. The new shall pick up where the previous left off, though, so don't worry about your hard work being forgotten. In other news, Glyph no longer edits anything, due to some issues involving trust. Whilst his additions were nice, I'll have to wind up doing the work now. Perhaps with Wolfman's work.
- Watch this space, we're changing things rapidly. idknow.php is no more; not enough time, plus I can format the pages manually. Char.php shall have the old charsheets up for viewing, then moved to archives. The Faq will be updated, story will be updated, a new "Information" section shall be made, SSQ101 shall be replaced with SSQ BRAWL System, and such... also, there may be some layout changes in the future; we may also become a sub-site of my growing website collection. So... stay tuned.
- Glyph again. Metal readded style options to every page nicely again, and I added a redirect page to fit everything together. The style picker is obsolete again.
- And this is Metal: I've redone navbar links and put up Chapter 122 which chronicles the Questers visiting Whaller. Also, I took down Holoroom as it's old and will probably have to be rethought later. Encyclopedia updates on hold as I think how to add it with the story and other things. Oh, yes, and there will be some major page stuff in the future!
- Glyph here. Edited some pages to be more author-friendly. No more strange PHP errors on regular pages. This means the style picker is back, though.
- Silently working behind the scenes; char.php updated, more story chapter listings. Summer will soon add to my updating capabilities.
- Actually returned on the 23rd, but there isn't much to update, barring logs and other archival things. I did update some character sheets and the story page itself and the OOC timeline, though. Also, we're just a few days away from our fifth year here. Woo!
- I will be gone until the 24th. John is in charge of the IRC room's final decisions until I get back. Please do not start any issues while I am gone--I will not be happy if so. I will finish the attacks when I get back, and then... Season 11!
- Fixed up the site with the schemes and such, and I updated SSQ101V4 and the Story. Lots of updates, indeed--we're also working on an update to char.php. Also, added Simple Green scheme. No, it's not related to the cleaner.
- After a lot of fighting, I've almost got the navbar to behave correctly across browsers. Will it work with most schemes, or most pages? No, not yet. Does it work on this page in the SSQ scheme? Probably. I'm still testing, but it should work right in Firefox, IE 7, IE 6, and possibly Opera. I'm gonna test IE 5 and Opera with it some more now that it's up.
- A month and no updates. I've been slacking off, right? WRONG! Been busy GMing... updated Story page, put up Yurie's entry in the Encyclopedia, and integrated the stylize button into the navbar using a series of confusing, nasty, and crazy CSS commands. It only appears right under SSQ scheme for now, but that, too, shall be fixed. Also a new style, Simple Purple, by Darkdata, has been added. And... yes, I am aware we supposedly were going to merge with SSS, but that was called off due to disagreements as to the name... :p
- And today I am proud to announce our merger with Super Smash Stadium, thus creating Super Smash Stadium Quest. I've also reshuffled the layout to update ourselves appropriately. Enjoy! (Happy April Fools!)
- A new chapter in the Story (Chapter 121), bear with the fact that the styling seems broken there for now (it'll be fixed soon). Also the stylize button is now in the upper left corner... it doesn't work for all browsers, though. I may add some enemies to the holo-room, too. Also note the styling does not rely on page names anymore. Yay. Anyway, all is good.
- Most of the updating these days seems to be done transparently... but for now we do have some things of note. Besides the character page and the idknow, which tend to be updated, there is now a style picker. It's primitive, but given enough time we'll integrate it into the pages themselves. For it to work fully, though, it does need cookies enabled. Also I've updated the number of chapters that have occurred in the story. Also, you may have noticed a shift in the site's code--most of these pages are at least partially rendered by PHP, as SSQ moves into the future. Also, I have combined the Manifesto and FAQ, leaving only the FAQ remaining.
- As you can tell, we're a little slow on updates, now that the system doesn't need to be redone every five seconds. Using the power of PHP, Glyph Phoenix has created a little encyclopedia for us. Also, updated the Story Section links again. Also also, Cyber Solidus and X-Kales are in the Holo Room.
- Did some slight CSS work; made this (and SSQ101) more friendly to browsers. Completed Chapter 81, finishing Season 3 entirely. Season 10 is under way already. Added Railgun Man and Plasma Trooper (both Quest Hunter units) to the Holo Room.
- It may not look like anything was updated, but a LOT occurred behind the scenes. Season 9 is over, and we have a new Character management system. Of course, you have to join to actually be allowed to make an account there. Also some assorted updates to the Story section.
- Major updates, folks. SSQ 101V4 goes to Chi version as I fix a number of small issues with it, and the holo room is now available, thanks to Glyph Phoenix.
- Sorry for the lack of update notifiers, I actually did a ton of updating to the story section, and will do some more. SSQ 101 V4 will probably have some typographical errors fixed and gain another 100 levels of EXP stuff in the future; but currently I am polishing off Season 3 in the Story section. By the way, check out all the new story chapters. Also I moved all the old updates to the old updates section--Happy New Years!